Ayurvedic md doctor highly experienced in all kind of treatments through holistic treatment
Ayurvedic Remedies for cough
Here are some simple home remedies for managing your cough:
– Grapes tone up the lungs and act as an expectorant, a cup of grape juice mixed with a tsp of honey is advised for cough relief.
– 1 tsp of raw onion juice mixed with tsp honey, kept for a few hours, should be taken twice daily.
– A medium sized onion crushed, juice of 1 lemon added to it, and then 1 cup boiling water poured on it, along with 1 tsp of honey.This remedy should be taken twice daily.
– Belleric myrobalan powder 2grams, mixed with 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of long pepper and 2 tsp of honey, should be taken twice daily.
– Aniseed is another effective remedy for hard dry cough as it breaks up the mucus. A tea made from this spice should be taken regularly.
– Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice and add half tsp of black pepper powder and salt each.Mix well and heat the mixture till it becomes lukewarm. Consume this mixture once daily.
– In a glass of hot water, add half tsp of black pepper powder and cinnamon powder each. Add 1 tsp of salt, allow it to rest till it turns lukewarm. Gargle with this decoction for beneficial results.
– Ginger in combination with tulsi is also an effective remedy for cough. Crush about 10 leaves of tulsi, mix with juice extracted from a small ginger piece. Add in a equal quantity of honey and mix. Take 1 tsp of this twice daily for beneficial results.
– Lightly crush about 4 cloves of peeled garlic and saute in a tsp of ghee. Consume this daily to get relief from cough.
– Boil a few corns of peeper in water for 20 minutes. Mix a little cumin and jaggery and drink.A quarter part of an onion mixed with jaggery can be chewed daily, to expel the sputum.
If you are looking for Ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of cough/upper respiratory tract infection, I would recommend the following formulations:
1. Sitopaladi churna 3-6 grams thrice daily with honey.
2. G-Kof tablet, 1-2 tablet twice daily after food.
3. Jeevanamrita rasayanam, for prevention of upper respiratory tract infection and to build the immune system. (not indicated for diabetic patients)
The number Osteoarthritis patients in Ayurveda hospital and clinic of India have been increasing in recent years . Ayurveda medicine and Panchakarma (detoxification technique) has promising relief effect in osteoarthritis. Ayurveda has an elaborate disease classification system of rheumatic disorders as like modern medicine. Herbal and mineral formulations possessing such a combination that has preventive and therapeutic effects are described as Rasayana (immunomodulatory and facilitating regeneration) in AyurvedaAyurvedic drugs containing several plants mentioned in Ayurveda classics, for treatment of osteoarthritis (OA).
The primary outcome of Ayurvedic medicinal plants have analgesic, anti-inflammatory, chondroprotection, soft tissue healing, antiosteoporosis, immune-modulation, anti-lipogenesis, anabolic effect, and anti-oxidative stress. The secondary outcome of Ayurvedic antiarthritis drugs and regimen are to improve digestion and metabolism, normalize the gut function and clear bowel movement he goal of OA treatment for medical profession is not only control symptoms but also prevent disease progression, minimize disability, and improve quality of life. Management of OA includes varied techniques and principles, both non pharmacologic and pharmacologic in nature. Prevention of OA is the best treatment option. Preventive measures are Limiting modifiable risk factors such as obesity, smoking, joint damage, and lack of adequate exercise that can have a significant effect on decreasing the risk of OA development. Non pharmacologicand occupational therapy, assistive devices, acupuncture, ultrasound, and surgery. Obesity remains the most important and modifiable risk factor for the development of OA .Pharmacologic management OA cases by Anti-inflammatory drugs, often called as Non-Steroidal Anti- Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are helpful because they relieve pain and stiffness
These NSAIDs have no long term benefit to the patient rather well known adverse side effects. Further it may be dangerous in the elderly and in the presence of renal insufficiency and gastrointestinal disorders. Intra articular glucocorticoid injections may be preferable and effective in some cases. Surgery should be reserved as a last-resort effort to manage OA symptoms in patients whose disease is refractory to less-invasive management methods. Surgical interventions include total joint arthroplasty and joint lavage and debridement. There is no evidence demonstrating that lavage or debridement is more effective in relieving pain or improving function than nonsurgical treatment. Total joint replacement appears to be a successful therapy when joint pain severely limits a patient’s ability to functionAyurveda treatment outcome is better than conventional standard care in the treatment of OA. Ayurveda claims to be effective in treating chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system. It uses complex and lifestyle and nutritional advice, dietary supplements, medication, yoga, and purification measures. Mean-value based medical strategies are avoided in the constitution-based Ayurvedic approach. Ayurvedic diagnosis involves a general investigation into a broad spectrum of internal and external conditions, including physiological, metabolic, kinetic, excretory and mental functions, life style, food habits, social and other factors, all capable of developing disharmonies within the patient’s mind-body continuum. Ayurvedic principles, which cannot be directly equated with modern entities (and have to be explained in other ways, for example, dosha, agni, srotas, dhatu, mala, ama). These principles are found in distinct states and individual pathological constellations and may result in specific symptoms. There were limitatios of all andomized controlled studies on Ayurveda is that they have focused only on structural Western diagnoses and disease cognitions without considering the fundamental principles of the traditional Ayurvedic diagnostic approach. Gold containing classical Ayurveda medicine along with poly compound and panchakarma has better treatment outcome.
dhanwantri the god of health